So, how'd you like the BarlowGirl book?

I had a great time this spring writing a book for my nieces, BarlowGirl. It ain't War and Peace, but More Than Music is a nice little look at the backstory of what I'd consider a great band even if I weren't related (or sorta on the payroll...) It's the first full-length (okay, it's 150 pages, but that's definitely bigger than a pamphlet) book I've ever written and it's left me wanting to write more. If you had a chance to read it, I'd love to know what you thought. Feel free to leave a comment below (unless, of course, you want to rip me, in which case, feel free to pass.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Andrew. My 15 and 13 year-old daughters are BG fans. After listening to the CDs and reading the web site, I knew this was a group I wanted my girls to follow. I'm now a Barlow Girl dad fan.

I bought the book for my girls several months ago. They liked it so much, they gave it to me to read. Usually, I'm the book pusher, telling them, "Read this, it'll be good for you."

They might as well have said that to me. I just finished the book tonight and was slammed by the honesty and the practical walk with Christ. I confess I especially like the passages where the BGirls appreciated their parents' input and accountability. Rare and beautiful stuff.

Thanks for putting it together. We do you write the next one? *grin*

Pat Harrell
fengk4@hotmail.com
Mr. Bilson said…
Loved the Book. I'm a Barlow Boy as of yet. I'm glad I'm not the only guy out there who doesn't date and stays in groups and lives for JESUS. I wish more photos were put in and more Scripture because I love the word of God. None the less the entries have impacted me to me more introspective and bold in my relationship with God. I loved the full focus on Jesus and the vulnerability and openess in the book and music. It is truly inspiring and I hope to learn more from these girls. Well, if you want to know my testimony, go to www.southasianconnection.com. I do youth ministry for a South Asian church in Canada but now God is sending little ol' me to different parts of the world.
I'll keep in touch and add you to my Blogger links.

God bless you!

Popular Posts