I'm now a small-business owner

As part of my transition, I'm pursuing three parallel tracks. One is ministry-centric in which I want to apply my savior complex to efforts that can help people. More about that in the next post. The second is to entertain the notion of full-time civilian employment ("civilian" sounds better than "secular" in that it lets me reference my wartime military service in an understated, yet steely-eyed way). I could have some news on that option as early as next week. Thirdly, I have started my own company, Overflow Communications. It's a little strange to consider my self a small-business owner, but that's kinda just the American way, I guess. I got great advice from some people who I suspect aren't even human given their advanced intelligence including Alan Stalcup, Robert Beasley and Steve Dalbey. It's kind of surprising how easy it is to get a company started. A lawyer friend, Darrell Gest walked me through the process of registering with the state of Texas and the IRS. I opened a new bank account, launched my Web site and, well, that's most of it to this point. There is now the challenge of developing a client base, but that's where the fun begins.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is great info to know.

Popular Posts