What are my ministry plans?

After eight years in full-time ministry, I'm heading into other professional areas, but still feel the need to be involved in people's lives. Savior complex? Maybe. But, people need to be involved somewhere in something that goes beyond dollars. In my case, I feel compelled to be part of the solution to the overwhelming number of crumbling or broken marriages out there. To that end, I've developed a relationship with a great group of people in Austin who have devoted their lives to helping people experience God's best in marriage.

Known by both their pretty name, Crossroads Counseling, and their slightly more scary appellation, the Affair Recovery Center, it is well-rounded practice that will redefine your definition of counseling. Whereas many people have come to understand counseling as a professional you pay $150/hr to maintain eye contact and nod occasionally as you talk for 45 minutes, these guys actually counsel. They teach from scripture, they share their own stories, they shoot straight when their clients aren't quite thinking clearly.

Through them, God has been doing amazing things in marriages, mostly in the greater Austin area. I'm investing time to help them fine-tune some of their content and work with them toward their goal of taking their therapeutic approaches nationwide. It's God's deal, but I look forward to doing whatever little things I can to help them reach more people and, through them, God fixing more marriages. We'll see how that goes.

Comments

Popular Posts