A word cloud of my career

While I was creating a word cloud graphic for a client project, I threw my CV into wordle.net on a whim to see what it might reveal about my career. The word cloud of my resume (above) led to a few initial impressions, presented (below) in no particular order.
  • July: It appears that many of my life/job transitions have happened in the month of July. That applies to my job in the governor's office, in the ministry, and a few others. I guess summer time is my time of change.
  • Officer: Given the frequency with which the Navy moves its people around, I cycled through a different job about every 18-24 months, so I had more titles more often than I have since.
  • Managed and Served: those words are about the same size, which is good, I guess. I like the whole servant leadership concept and still sometimes feel like "managed" gets a bad name by those who worship at the altar of all things leadership-related.
  • Communications: Bottom line, that's what I do. Whether they're my words/images/stories or someone else's, my thing is communicating. Fortunately my career has reflected that.
  • TX: looks like I've spent most of my adult life in the Lone Star State, which is a good thing in my mind. Having lived in Texas for about 15 of my 45 years, that's a full third of my life and about 63% of my overall career. Works for me.

What does your word cloud say about you?


Comments

Popular Posts